Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ON THIS DAY...

5 days to go and I may as well be consuming Vitamin Water intravenously. I took some Nyquil last night and slept well for the first time in days. Perhaps a little too well, cause when the alarm went off, I had no intention of getting up. Hence ANOTHER day off for yours truly (or should I say, 'yours truantly'?)

Whatever. After six months of training, I'll be damned if a stupid cold is going to keep me down.

On a completely different note, I'd like to say - or rather, BELLOW from the rooftop of the Sears Tower -


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TO THE MAN I LOVE!!

Who could've known that on this day 33 years ago, one (amazing) woman's labor would change the course of history as we know it? Or more importantly, history as I know it. Big kudos to MOM (and to DAD as well, as I'm sure he had something to do with it too.)

And to HIM I say: Thank you for knocking on my door. I love you SO very much. Since you've come along, life has just been so damn GOOD. I never knew loving someone could be so easy and feel so right. With you, life makes sense. I wish you the happiest birthday, and many, many more.

PS - Should I tell them all how good you look in your birthday suit?

3 comments:

normiekins said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. MAN!!!!!!!

good luck at the marathon turtle!!!
i'll be thinking of you!

expected weather conditions are rainy and 50's....good luck!!!!

Pensive Turtle said...

Thanks! I'm so psyched to visit your 'hood!

Anonymous said...

Awww, what a sweet tribute to da man! Happy birthday to him.

On a different note, I'm so full of water I could burst at any moment! The nurses I work with want to hook me up to an IV on Thursday night and give me a bag of fluid as a little help! Geez..I guess sometimes it pays to know people. ;)

LET'S ROCK THIS MARATHON!!