Wednesday, August 02, 2006

THE SHORTS.



I have this pair of shorts. I got them about 6 years ago as a hand-me-down from an old roommate.

Every year, The Shorts are resurrected from the bowels of my closet. And every year, I wonder if it might be The Shorts' last summer.

The Shorts have many holes in them and have been repaired many, many times by my creative Mom.

I think The Shorts scare people, but I don't care. My sister-in-law is repulsed by The Shorts, so I make sure to wear them whenever I know I will see her.

The Shorts have been everywhere with me. From Jersey up to Maine. From the Rockies in Colorado, to Arizona and California. From Italy to Switzerland, France to England, to the peaks of the Austrian Alps and back over to Germany. They've hiked, climbed mountains, dug rocks from gardens, suffered through middle school Field Days, and relaxed on many a couch.

The Shorts represent something that I can't quite put into words.

But I love The Shorts.

No comments: