Wednesday, January 10, 2007

SEDONA: PART VI

The first thing John did was burn sage - a smudging - to purify the land. The sound healing consisted of me lying on the ground with my eyes closed while he played various instruments around my body. The vibrations of certain notes were meant to balance specific chakras .

Prior to my visit to Sedona, I didn't know much about chakras. And while the sound healing was very interesting, I think part of me was a little self-conscious about lying in the dirt while this strange guy blew a didgeridoo at my various body parts.

After the healing, we packed up the stuff and headed back, chatting along the way. John asked what had brought me to Sedona and I told him about how I was feeling lost in life - how I felt like I'd come to a crossroads and was not sure what to do next.

"How old are you?" he asked.
"Twenty-eight," I replied.
"Well hell - your Saturn cycle's returned! It's no wonder you're a mess."

John explained the astrological idea that people undergo changes every seven years, and it corresponds to the cycle of Saturn. He also said that it made sense that I found my way to Sedona since, as a Capricorn, Saturn is my planet and Earth is my element. That kind of creeped me out.

Hiking back down the mountain, I felt light on my feet and tingly with energy. I pictured myself as that "Jersey Gazelle" as I navigated the slick rock like a pro. I think more than anything else, I was feeling the buzz I'd gotten from being able to overcome my fear and take a step.

John brought me back to the coffee shop and left me with his contacts. He told me I could always reach him if I needed to. Although I've never called upon him, I often wonder what he's up to these days, and how many other eyes he's opened.

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

I'm going to check out my Saturn Cycle now!