Monday, January 01, 2007

IT WAS A VERY GOOD YEAR...

"Ah well -- cheers to all as we venture into 2006. I always like to ask myself, 'where do you think you might be a year from now?' Your guess is as good as mine."
- Views From The Shell, January 1, 2006.

What a difference a year can make. It was one year ago today that HE and I began chatting on AIM. We were bemoaning the hellish world of dating, and had agreed to meet for coffee so we could commiserate...

And the rest is history.

Who could have known that a year later we'd be engaged?! I guess that's the beauty of life: as hard as you try to plan it all out, there's really no way to predict how you might end up. I'm so happy that I've ended up where I am today.

Resolutions? Oh, the usual... lose ten pounds, drink less wine, eat fewer sweets. Ha. Anything meaningful? Maybe try to do my job better? Be nicer to people? I dunno.

Maybe I'll blog more. I've been a slacker the past couple months. I used to write every day - even if I had nothing to say, I'd blab about some random shit. Maybe I could do more writing. I like to write. And hell, I teach middle school! There should be enough material for an entire year during one school day.

Alright, fair enough. Blog more in 2007. Hope it's a good year - happiness and good health to all.

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

I, for one, LOVE random shit. Bring it on... ;)