Wednesday, January 03, 2007

SEDONA: PART II



The first website I came across while Googling was Sedona Soul Adventures. If you click on it, you'll see it looks a little hokey. And being the skeptic that I am, I was hesitant. But I called the number anyway. A woman named Debra answered the phone and asked me to tell her a little bit about myself. I told her about feeling a little lost in life, and about how I'd come to find out about Sedona.

"I believe you were led here to us," she told me. "I'd like to do a reading on you and will call you back in one hour."

'Hoo boy,' I thought. Nonetheless, I agreed. When she called back, she told me a lot of very interesting things about myself - things that resonated pretty hard. But I still wasn't 100% convinced - most of the things she told me could apply to lots of people. And when she told me what a "package" would cost and I was really dissuaded.

"Let me ask you this, do you have something better to spend your money on than healing your soul?"

And that one question really got me thinking. Maybe this is a scam... but it's also an adventure. It's something I've never done before - just hopped on a plane to a place I'd never been. And maybe - just maybe - there are some things in life that we stumble upon for a reason.

So I agreed and we set up a package of things I would do when I got there. I bought a plane ticket, made some arrangements, and left on the Friday before spring break in April, 2003.

I flew into Phoenix, rented a car and drove north. It was very exciting being out - completely alone - in a part of the country I had never seen before. The desert scenery was interesting - very unusal - but I wasn't sure what made Sedona so spectacular. And then I came around a bend and the massive red rock formations came into view.

An overwhelming sense of déjà vu hit me like a tidal wave and I felt as if I had been kicked in the stomach. I'd been here before... I'd seen these rocks. But how?

2 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

Ooooo, deja vu....

Anonymous said...

Hi there. I live in Port Washington Wisconsin and was surfing the web tonight and found your blog post about Soul Adventures in Sedona. I'd so love to talk or email with you about it. I'm considering going and today received their proposed itinerary, but it's quite a lot of money and I'm a little hesitant/skeptical ~ so would love to hear a first hand account ... it might help me decide. If there's anyway we could connect, I'd really appreciate it.
Martha