Sunday, September 19, 2010

PERMISSION TO BE LAZY

Today I am granting myself permission to be lazy. That is, until the guilt and boredom set in.

It's been a whirlwind week. After the two-week stuttered start, the school year was in full swing. I got all my kids signed up for Band (101 this year - woo hoo!) got their folders made, schedules done, meetings, etc. We also had cross country practice every day after school (which is an absolute blast) and I seemed to have some sort of evening obligation every night except for Friday.

Yesterday I ran my first "real-feeling" long run since... well, I don't even remember. But it's been a while. I set out to do 7 miles and ended up doing exactly 7.75 in 1:14. I was pretty okay with that. It felt awesome, and I think my body is finally remembering how to run again.

Naturally, I was full of energy after the run so I tackled housecleaning like it was my job. I despise cleaning the bathroom, but it had to be done. I know it's time when being in the shower skeeves me out. While I was at it, I vacuumed the rest of the house - including the stairs - so my lower back had quite the workout.

I didn't stop there. I did about 7 loads of laundry, designed the t-shirt for the upcoming 5K, and visited my Mom. By the time I got back home around 5:00, I was done. The Huz and I went out for Thai food (and WINE) and then came back, couched-out and watched some Dexter.

As is typical when I run long, I didn't sleep very well. It's maddening because my body is so tired - maybe too tired - and I toss and turn. Although I stayed up 'til almost midnight, I was up by 6:30 this morning, ravenously hungry from yesterday's activity.

Anyway, as I said earlier in the post, I'm giving myself permission to be lazy today. Case in point, I am back in bed after having a leisurely breakfast. I'm pretty sure that I'll get bored soon enough and be out and about - it's who I am. But for now, I'll pretend I can relax.

No comments: