Thursday, September 02, 2010

DECEITFUL GIRL

Zzzzzzz.... *yawn*
"Huh? Oh yeah... Hi."

First day is dreadfully slow and boring for me. I can't believe this is the same day. It feels like I have been here for a week and it's still not even 2:36.

With the schedule the way it is, kids don't get the chance to sign up for electives (ie: Band) until Monday the 13th, and therefore, I don't technically get to see my kids until the 15th. So really, I am still on summer vacation. Sort of. Except that I have to be here in the school building and do awful things like lunch duty.

But at least I am getting organized. This morning I cleaned out my desk drawers for the first time in many years. I found lots of old photos and letters from kids who are probably in college now (or out of college -- gah!) I also found loads of dust, dirt and grime. Thank God for Lysol disinfecting wipes. What the hell did we do before their invention?

So anyway, I'm bored. I have to hang out for another half hour or so because I'm meeting with the former cross country coach and he's gonna edumacate me on all I need to know to start off the season. He's finally retired after over 40 years of teaching. The same class. In the SAME SCHOOL. Crazy, huh? I wonder if I'll make it that long without going insane.

No big plans for the evening. Hus is working late so I am on my own. I should probably get over to the gym to do a light recovery run and some weights.

I have been pulling the wool over the eyes of my former gym (do gyms have eyes?) I cancelled my membership over the summer so I could return to the YMCA (and the pool). Unfortunately, the Y goes through a 2-week annual shutdown every summer, so I am currently without a place to work out.

Luckily, the Huz still has a membership with my former gym - and a keytag! They are the kind of gym where you swipe yourself in. So despicable me has been using the Huz's keytag - and getting away with it! I just hope none of the little desk girls looks up at the screen. They're not the brightest crew, but I have a feeling they'd notice I'm not a bald man with a goatee.

No comments: