YEAY! I'VE BEEN TAGGED!
Yeah, so I'm a dork - and? True, most people might find it annoying to get tagged, but I'm flattered. It actually gives me a glimmer of hope that more than one person (me) reads this blog. And although the benefits of being tagged are not as bountiful as that of the dishtowel chain-letter (from which I amassed 11 dishtowels) - it does give me something to write about. So here goes...
DIRECTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following lists and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot:
1) Marginal Utility
2) Sarah With No H
3) Just Thoughts
4) I Am Prepared to Give Up at Any Time
5) Views from the Shell
Next, select five people to tag:
1) The Dark Lord
3) Portuguesa Nova
4) Bored Housewife
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I had just turned 21. I was a junior in college, dating Sean, a jazz trumpet major who liked to spend his days sleeping and his nights smoking pot and eating Hot Pockets on his couch. His weird roommate (Ted) used to sleep fully-clothed (shoes too) with his lights on and with no covers.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
Living in squalor with The Brit - wondering how my life had taken such a tragic turn - and thinking of ways to get the hell out of Dodge ... without hurting his feelings.
Five snacks you enjoy:
1. Chocolate Twizzlers
2. Dark chocolate Hershey Kisses
3. These amazing pretzel chips they only seem to sell at Costco
4. Teriyaki turkey jerky
5. Yogurt-covered almonds
Five songs you know all the words to:
1. “Hook” – Blues Traveler
2. “Square Dance” – Eminem
3. “Like A Cannonball” – Menudo
4. “My Favorite Things” – (“Cream-colored ponies and crisp apple streudel; doorbells and sleighbells and schnitzel with noodles…”)
5. Just about any song by Queen
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. Pay off all my debts (lame)
2. Pay off my family’s debts (lamer yet)
3. No longer endure teaching 6th grade drummers
4. Find a brilliant person to show me how to best invest and then …
5. Travel the world
Five bad habits:
1. I pick my teeth with the mail
2. I chew gum incessantly [chain-chew]
3. I doubt myself – often
4. I go through phases where I become addicted to computer solitaire, and play it when trying to escape from all things work-related
5. I procrastinate (see #4)
Five things you enjoy doing:
1. A good run in nice weather
2. The Sunday crossword w/a cup of coffee
3. Savoring a warm & fuzzy wine buzz
4. Threesomes with me, HIM and TiVo
5. Waking up early and realizing it’s a weekend, and then rolling over and going back to sleep
Five things you would never wear again:
1. “Mom-Ass” jeans (which sit just below the rib cage, allowing for maximum ass exposure – a truly flattering look)
2. Tucked-in button-down shirts (which go best with #1)
3. That pesky house-arrest anklet
4. Blue eyeshadow
5. The Under Armor sportsbra which chafed the hell out of my boob
Five favorite toys:
1. Hehe … no. Pervert.
2. “Podgie” (my iPod) & his friend Herr Bose
3. My laptop
4. The E.T. doll I got for Christmas in 1982
5. Okay… so yeah … maybe #1