Wednesday, June 14, 2006


What's cool about life is that at any given moment, we're making a choice. And whatever we choose to do at that moment will alter future moments and choices. Like a real-life "choose your own adventure" book.

Everything we have right now - where we are, our jobs, our relationships, etc. - were all brought about by choice. True, sometimes life throws a curveball - illness, accidents, etc. - but it's ultimately up to us to choose how we deal with the situation. And those choices go on to shape the rest of our futures.

Ever be driving down the highway and think, "if I were to jerk my wheel over to the left, my car would flip onto the median and life as I know it would end"? That's a scary realization of power when you think about it.

I'm happy with the choices I've made in life so far. I think I've been lucky.

No comments: