Monday, May 18, 2009

LEAD HEAD

Ugh. I've got the Mondays pretty bad today. I think it's because I woke up around 4:30, rolled over, and fell way back into a really deep sleep. When the alarm went off, I had to climb up from the depths to turn it off. My brain feels like it's full of lead and - nearly five hours later - I just can't seem to get things moving.

Interesting how I seem to be able to be wide awake in the mornings on weekends. Like I can't wait to jump up and start the day. Maybe because I'm allowed to do whatever I want. Just 25 more days of school and then I am free....

Yesterday The Huz and I traveled south with two others to attend the funeral of the Mom of one of our friends. She had been sick for a while with congestive heart failure and other things so it wasn't a total surprise. I was glad to be there for Jeff, as he was really there for me when my Dad died.

Those days were a giant blur, but one clear memory that always pops up was of Jeff and I walking down by the lake. He was there when I needed to get out of the house. He listened when I talked about my Dad, and he was there for me when I didn't want to talk or think about anything at all. Just knowing that he was there provided me with a sense of comfort and support.

No comments: