Thursday, November 22, 2007

THANKFUL.

I've been attending services at a Unitarian Universalist church for the past couple months. I've never been a big fan of organized religion, but I can honestly say that this place is different. So different that I don't even like calling it a "church" because that word puts all sorts of negative vibes in my head. So I'll call it what they do: a Fellowship.

Anyway, last Sunday the minister was talking about how she has started keeping a Gratitude Journal. Each day she jots down something that she is thankful for. What a great idea! Taking a moment each day to reflect on something good. So since it's Thanksgiving, I figure it's a great day to start my own Gratitude Journal. And my first entry will be right here on the ol' blog.

I'm thankful for so many things. I feel blessed to be where I am in this life; to have so many wonderful, loving people to share each day with. I am truly blessed. Today I am most thankful for:

- Waking up in a warm bed in a beautiful home.
- Sharing a serene, foggy sunrise with birds and squirrels - theirs being the only sounds to hear.
- A healthy body, strong enough to run 5 miles, and the invigoration that running brings.
- A hot mug of coffee and the morning paper.
- Sharing the kitchen with the Love of my Life - each making our own culinary contributions for dinner.
- The 2+ hour ride down to HIS parents, during which we can just enjoy being together.
- Spending the afternoon with HIS family, in a house filled with laughter and love.

Happy Thanksgiving! Best wishes to all for a wonderful day. And remember to be thankful... today and every day.

No comments: