Thursday, September 27, 2007

WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN?

...you may be asking. Or not. In any case, I have no valid excuse for not blogging other than I

Just. Plain. Suck.

Been flip-flopping at the new job. One day I am insanely busy, things are rolling along and I LOVELOVELOVE it! Then the next day, I sit catatonic at my desk for eight hours and go home and cry because I miss my teaching job so much.

Last Friday was really bad. I contemplated bailing on the next ten months and working as a barista at Starbucks until September. Then HE and I went out for pizza and I felt better about things.

Fucking pizza.

In other news, I've been cutting down on the running mileage a bit now that the mornings are getting darker. I joined the local YMCA and am taking adult swimming lessons. Alright - stop laughing. I never learned how to swim "for real" and so I am learning. Cause I think the next feat might be a triathlon. Someday.

I guess that's about all, sadly. Not too much else to report.

Actually, there was my run-in earlier this week with the Polish mafia. But that's for another day.

3 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

No laughing here. I'm a pretty good swimmer, but, I'm hoping to do a Tri someday, so I need to learn how to do it right. :)

Let's both become Baristas. I think the fringe bennies of a free pound of java per month is worth it.

The hell with nursing school.

Let's go.

Anonymous said...

hell nooooo. i've worked at starbucks before -- it's like Office Space only you have to take out garbage and wipe up spilled frappuccinos.

i started swimming last spring but completely fell off the wagon over the summer. getting back into it is going to be my fall project.

- bea

PS: thanks for the comment. i was beginning to hear the crickets chirping round my parts : )

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.