Wednesday, May 16, 2007

BUTTERFLIES

Tonight may very well be my last Spring concert at the middle school level. It's kind of bittersweet. After today's 90-minute dress rehearsal with 80 kids in a 200-degree auditorium, I wanted to run screaming out the front doors and never look back. But now that I'm sitting here waiting for the actual event, I feel a little melancholy.

I went out for my pre-concert run. It's a ritual I have followed for a very long time. Today I ran in a torrential thunderstorm. Two people even pulled over to ask me if I wanted a ride home, but I declined, as running in the rain is an absolutely breathtaking experience. I'm not sure why, but it seems sort of primal... just me against the elements.

Tomorrow we're all going down to Philadelphia to HIS PhD hooding ceremony. HIS whole family is going and I'm so excited and proud of HIM and cannot wait to be there with all of them. Afterwards, HE and I are going to Ocean City for a couple days just to get away and spend some much needed time together.

I feel relaxed now. About to go upstairs and do my hair and whatnot. And about three hours from now, I guess I will kind of be a different person.

Huh.

5 comments:

L*I*S*A said...

A different person.

Change is good.

I agree...running in the rain is wonderfully cathartic.

Vixen said...

That's awesome! Oh..Ocean City...I miss it...so many things I miss about the NE. Have a cheesesteak for me! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm stopping over from Kate's blog. Good to see another mid-atlantic blogger. :)

I hope the weather holds for you over in Ocean City.

Anonymous said...

take a deep breathe, everything will be fine.

have a good trip.

and thanks so much for the lovely e-card. you're a sweetie! :)

Anonymous said...

Running in the rain or snow is great! I go out of my way to plan my runs for the stormy part of the day.

Sanyo massage chairs